Friday, 30 March 2012

Setting up.

Third year is nearly over, there are only three weeks left until assessment and I'm now beginning to feel the pressure to finish things. I will be busy touching up pieces of work and hanging them. I have also started a few more pieces, I have been told by my tutor that I have too many things and that I have to choose what to show and what not too, some of the things that I first made at the start of this semester were test pieces so they can sit at the side and be shown as back up works and works of experimentation. 

I finally got round to making a small shelf for my book.

Another new piece of work. It's made from a scrap piece of metal, wood, putty and paper. I'm not too sure about this on at the moment, it doesn't look finished and I'm not that I even like it, I'll leave it aside and come back to it. 

I got round to making the screw covers for my wall hanging, I made them out of  plasticine. 

I made two new pieces of work using cushion foam, paper, felt and Lino. I'm really happy with how they have  turned out too.

I have also built a plinth this week in the workshop for my burnt boxes sculpture. I am planing to have dirt on top of the plinth so that the boxed look more like they have been found. I was also contemplating on planting grass seeds and leaving fag butts and glass etc on it too. I'm still not happy with it just now, I'm not sure how to have the boxes positioned but I think I will feel better about it once the dirt has been added.

Here are another set of new things that I have created this week, they still aren't finished yet.

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

small update.

Circles have finally been hung on the wall...

The wall hanging is complete. I still need to decorate the screws but I will take a picture of that in the next post.

Hands print is also done and mounted. 

I also made two new little drawing...

Saturday, 17 March 2012

Another third year update.

I have been going back and finishing work that I have left. I got round to doing some more slides and now have only two more to print on so I'll have the slide box finally done by next week...

The circles are finally finished and will be hung on Monday.

I got my sculptural piece finished too.

Made a box frame for the house print

I have started making this wall hanging in the studio by knitting bits of paper together. It's been great but I am glad it's nearly finished! It's been a lot of fun painting my own child drawings and it's turned out well. There are three or four pictures in there that my sister's drew when they were around four or five. It's really massive too, I haven't got round to measuring it bet but I have a picture of it next to the slide box. I have also added some text as well by writing with my left hand. The text is quite dark compared to the colourful pictures and I talk about hiding and playing in abandoned buildings with my friend. I have decided to hang it with pegs too so it's like it's on a washing line and I will make plasticine covers for over the screws that are holding the rope together. 

I have came up with another piece of work for this last semester. I enjoyed knitting the paper so much that it gave me an idea for a massive silk screen print. I want to make a massive A0  print of my Auntie when she was younger, it's from an old photograph. Once I have the print I'm going to leave it in water and age it, then I will rip it and knit it back together. Here is the image...

This will be my final large piece for third year and I can't wait to start it. After this is done ill set up my space and work on smaller works.

Monday, 5 March 2012

Second semester update three.

Here is what I have been getting up to in the studio. The work displayed is from last week because I forgot to update again. The first three images are small A5 tissue paper experiments that I done.

A2 tissue paper experiment. 

 I bought this lovely old picture frame from e-bay last year. It was sitting in my room for months and last week I finally thought of something nice to do with it. A lot of the materials that are on it are found objects from the beach

I finally got round to printing on to two of the slides. I also put a print on to the other side of each slide so that you can see an image from all angles that the box is viewed from.

 I'm making the prints on the other side of the slides different colours.

Small experiment 

New mixed piece, it's not finished yet but I'm really happy with how it's turning out so far.